The Search for Meaning
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
“Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help you create the fact.”
Following are some questions for reflection if you are struggling for a sense of purpose and meaning in your life. You may want to write about these in your journal. Don’t expect to have all the answers right now, however. This is meant as an ongoing exercise.
- Since my loved one’s death, I have found reason to go on because…
- These are the things I have to look forward to:
- I recognize the following strengths in myself:
- These are the biggest challenges I face:
- My loved one’s death has changed the following priorities in my life:
- These are the most important things I’ve learned since his/her death:
- This is what helps me find meaning in my pain and grief:
- What significance did my spirituality have prior to my loved one’s death? What about now?
©Resources for Grief (E-10) www.resourcesforgrief.com